Saturday, December 10, 2016

Book UNhaul #2


Hello, everybody! It's that wonderful time of the year again . . . And no, I'm not talking about Christmas. I'm talking about that wonderful time that I look forward to every few months when it's time to go through my shelves and clear up some space for some new beauties that I want to add to my collection and get rid of the books that I no longer want or need. 

It's an awesome way to just refresh yourself and at the end of sorting through the books that I want to get rid of, I feel so reguvinated and excited to see some clear spots on my shelves and also feel better knowing I no longer have so many books on my TBR. Of course, I still have PLENTY of books that need to be read but at least I've cleared out the least important ones, right?

So, without further ado, here are all the books I plan on getting rid of and the reasons why! YAY FOR UNHAULS!!
__________________________________________________________


by Sarah J. Maas

Okay, I bought this book the week it was released. So the main reason I don't want to read this book anymore is simply because I'm not a fan of Beauty and the Beast anymore. It use to be my FAVORITE Disney princess movie when I was little but now, not so much.

This book also has SO MUCH hype surrounding it that I'm almost afraid to read it because I'm scared I won't like it. I didn't care for Throne Of Glass when I first read it, though I've decided to reread it and give it a second chance, but this one? I will be burned at the stake if I end up not liking this book. TOO MUCH PRESSURE. So, I gave my copy of the book to a friend who is OBSESSED with Beauty and the Beast. Yay!
__________________________________________________________

by Rick Yancey

I first bought this book when I first heard it was becoming a movie back when there was no news on casting and people only knew the director and when it was planned for release. I feel like such a hipster.

I read it, not really knowing what everyone thought of the book other than it was obviously popular enough to become a movie and I was really excited to read it. However, I was really let down by the book and was only interested in Ben's POV since he was basically the only character I cared about. I don't plan on reading the rest of the series but I'm sure it's great!
__________________________________________________________

by Jodi Meadows

I was really excited to read this book when I found out about it because it sounded like such a cool story, which it is and I recommend it if you're looking for an edgy fantasy adventure.

However, it fell flat for me. I thought it was little too slow for my liking, it wasn't surprising enough, there weren't enough twists to keep me excited and I was able to guess a major plot twist a good two hundred pages before it was revealed. I like my fantasy novels to be action-packed and non-stop adventure but this just didn't live up to my own personal taste.
__________________________________________________________

by Rebecca Serle

I wanted this book for so long and kept seeing it at the bookstore only to walk away without it in my hands. Finally, my friend convinced me to just buy it when we went book shopping and so I did. Yay for friendships!

I finally read it and, well, it wasn't what I was expecting. I mean, I liked it for what it was and it was emotional and heartbreaking, but it was lacking something that I just can't quite put my finger on. It's not a book I would personally read again in the future but if you're looking for another mental health read, try this one and see what you think!
__________________________________________________________

by Gabrielle Zevin

Once again, I'd been wanting to read this book for so long before I finally ended up reading it.

I really wanted to like this one and while I did think it was a good book, I needed something a little bit more emotional from this book to really hook me in. I didn't really care for any other characters but I liked the story itself. I thought about rereading this book but ultimately, I think it's time I give my copy of the book away to someone who will hopefully love it more than I did.
__________________________________________________________

by Ivy Devlin

I'm not a fan of urban fantasy or anything that has to do with werewolves, vampires, or any other creature of the night unless it's an urban legend type of creature.

For some reason, I ended up buying this one since it has one of the most beautiful designs I've ever seen on a book. It's so much prettier in person. The dust jacket, the title pages, the end pages. It made me tear up a bit when I first laid my eyes on it. However, upon reading it, I thought it was actually quite good though it still had the same issues I find in every urban fantasy book so I gave it to one of my friends who also loves werewolf stories. The same one who took ACOTAR off my hands. It's a win-win for the both of us.
__________________________________________________________

Hope you all enjoyed this UNahul of books! This is only about half of the books I want to give away to friends or sell to my local book shop so be on the lookout for more unhauls in the future! Read on, bookworms! See you in the next chapter! Also, what books do you plan on unhauling from your collection?

2 comments:

  1. Unhauling before Christmas is a good idea! The only one of these that I have read myself is The Fifth Wave, and I managed to really enjoy it. It's a shame you couldn't think the same of it though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The perfect time to clean up and start the new year off right! I know, I myself was sad that I didn't care for The Fifth Wave because I was really excited about reading it when I bought it! I love sci-fi and alien stories so I was disappointed that I didn't like it 😢😢

      Delete