Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Dash and Lily's Book Of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Dash and Lily's Book Of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
Rating: PG
Score: 4 stars
Genre: Fiction, Romance, Comedy

So begins the latest whirlwind romance. Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?

Review:
Pros:
1. First thing's first. This book is full of funny moments and exciting scenes as well as a love story that seems both crazy and sweet at the same time. I loved so much about this book and had a hard time finding anything I didn't like about this story!

2. I really liked that the story was written in duel points of view, Dash and Lily. I felt like I really got to know both characters really well and got to see what was going on in each of the their minds. Sometimes I don't think duel POV's work with a story, but this one was an exception.

3. The book is laugh out loud funny and there was not a single chapter where I didn't find myself laughing or smiling. I loved how witty and sarcastic the characters were and I loved how charming each chapter was. 

4. I loved the writing for this book as well. The point of view for Lily was written in a way that really shows off the kind of character she is, fun, wild, and yet still trying to find herself in the chaos of her family. Dash's point of view was also written in the same way, showing off his care free and daring character and written in a way that reminded me so much of John Green's writing which I enjoyed very much!

5. The characters were so sweet and funny and crazy weird at times, resembling your own set of friends. I loved the chemistry between all the characters and how goofy and care free they were also. Overall, this book was a favorite of mine.

Cons:
1. Even though I loved the story, I did feel like the ending, however, was a bit rushed and I would have loved to see a bit more romance between Dash and Lily.

Age Recommendation: 13+

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any more book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

FOLLOW ME:
Twitter: @BooksMusicLife1
Instagram: @Books.Music.Life 
Goodreads: BooksMusicLife1 

No comments:

Post a Comment