Friday, August 22, 2014

If I Stay: Movie Review

If I Stay
Rating: PG-13
Score 4 1/2 stars

Review:
Pros:
1. First off, I was really impressed with how close to the book the movie got. The movie pretty much starts out the same as in the book, starting off with the characters having a family breakfast together, and stayed really consistent throughout the movie until the end. Some scenes were cut out of the movie that were somewhat important to the story but other than that, the movie was really surprisingly close.

2. I felt like the casting for the characters was really well done. All the actors and actresses really captured the characters and brought them to life, showing tons of emotion and becoming the characters themselves.

3. Even though the movie didn't make me cry, it was definitely an emotional movie for everyone in the theater. Many were crying their eyes out and it was definitely a heartbreaking movie but a beautiful one at that.

Cons:
1. Even though I liked the movie and the book, I felt like something was missing. Some of the scenes in the book didn't make it in the movie like I said, but some of those scenes I felt could've really made the movie more emotional and heartwarming. Even though most scenes were sweet and brought tears to people's eyes, it just didn't get emotional enough for me. Especially since some of the sweeter scenes were left out.

Overall, this movie is perfect for a date night or even a girls' day out with friends. If you're a book nerd and loved the book, this movie gets a thumbs up from me. Even those who haven't read the book, I could tell by some reactions at the end of the movie that some people hadn't, it's still a good movie that pulls at your heart strings and makes you see that through the hard times, we can still find a reason to keep on living.

Age Recommendation: 13+

I hope you guys enjoyed this movie review! If you have any more book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Anissa! I really enjoy reading your posts and I think your blog is pretty awesome. So, I nominated you for a Liebster Award. Congratulations! To learn more about the Liebster Award, check out my blog post: http://girlwritesreviews.blogspot.com/2014/08/id-like-to-thank-blogosphere.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh thank you so much! That truly means so much to me! Thank you, thank you, thank you to the moon and back! I'm so glad you like my blog :-) Keep writing girl! You're so amazing at it!

      Delete
  2. I'm waiting for this movie to be shown here in Manila. I loved the book and I keep wondering whether I'll love the movie too. I do love Chloe Grace Moretz so I am totally crossing my fingers on this one. Thanks for the movie review, Anissa. By the way, are you planning on reading Where She Went? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, actually! I've heard a lot of good reviews about the sequel so I probably will be reading it soon within the next few weeks or until I get my hands on a copy. I'm glad you liked my movie review! Chloe Grace Moretz does an amazing job as Mia so don't worry about that part!

    ReplyDelete