Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Review: Hello, I love You by Katie M. Stout

Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout
Rating: PG
Genre: Contemporary
Score: ❤❤❤❤❤
Stand Alone
Page Count: 304
Published: June 9, 2015
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

Grace Wilde is running—from the multi-million dollar mansion her record producer father bought, the famous older brother who’s topped the country music charts five years in a row, and the mother who blames her for her brother’s breakdown. Grace escapes to the farthest place from home she can think of, a boarding school in Korea, hoping for a fresh start.
She wants nothing to do with music, but when her roommate Sophie’s twin brother Jason turns out to be the newest Korean pop music superstar, Grace is thrust back into the world of fame. She can't stand Jason, whose celebrity status is only outmatched by his oversized ego, but they form a tenuous alliance for the sake of her friendship with Sophie. As the months go by and Grace adjusts to her new life in Korea, even she can't deny the sparks flying between her and the KPOP idol. 
Soon, Grace realizes that her feelings for Jason threaten her promise to herself that she'll leave behind the music industry that destroyed her family. But can Grace ignore her attraction to Jason and her undeniable pull of the music she was born to write? Sweet, fun, and romantic, this young adult novel explores what it means to experience first love and discover who you really are in the process.

Review:
PROS:
1. So this book has been pitched as another Anna and The French Kiss what with the whole boarding school thing but it's so much more than that. I honestly really loved this book despite how harsh people are towards it. This book made me really happy after reading it and made my reading slump a little easier to get through. This book was exactly what I was in the mood for and it helps that the cover is super adorable! Here's the review!

2. Characters. First off, I really enjoyed the main character, Grace, because she was just trying to find out who she really was and got the bright idea to escape halfway across the world to do that. No big deal. I thought she was a very realistic character even though she was in a little bit of an unrelatable situation what with her father and brother being incredibly famous. She still had her issues though and didn't want to be treated like someone special. She pretty much wanted to just live a normal life where no one knew her or her family. I also fell in love with the side characters such as Grace's roommate Sophie. She was very bubbly and not shy at all really. I really enjoyed the other characters as well even though I would've loved to see more of them throughout the book. And of course, can we just talk about Jason for a second? Talk about swoon worthy!

3. The next thing I loved was the writing. It was simple and sweet and the descriptions weren't too complicated either. I really loved how everything played out and how it went so smoothly together even though Grace encounters some bumps in the road as she tries to survive her first semester in a new country thousands of miles away from everything she's ever known. I honestly thought it was just such a fun read and I can't wait to pick it up again in the future! Katie M. Stout is an author I will be keeping my eye on!

4. Overall, this was just a really sweet, funny and touching story about finding out who you really are as well as facing your demons and learning to let things and even people go. I pretty much wanted to cry once I read the last page just because I didn't want it to be over. Once again, this book may not be that great to other people but personally, it was exactly what I was in the mood for so I think that helped me to give it a higher rating. If you loved Anna and The French Kiss or Starstruck then I say give this book a go! Just don't let all the lovey dovey feels fool you! There's quit a shocking revelation that I honestly didn't even suspect. But maybe that's just me.

Already read HILY? Want to know what happens after?

Follow Katie!

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any other book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

FANGIRL MOMENT:



No comments:

Post a Comment