D4rk Inside by Jeyn Roberts
Score: 5 stars
Genre: Suspense, Horror
"Something bad is about to happen. A lot of people are going to die. And it's only the beginning."
A murderous rage has been unleashed. Moments after earthquakes rock the world, people start to change in the most terrifying ways. Friends turn on friends, girlfriends on boyfriends, husbands on wives, sisters on brothers. Nobody can be trusted. Not even yourself. For those who survive the first wave of killing, the world is a different and deadlier place. Four friends, Michael, Aries, Mason and Clementine must battle to stay alive in a world determined to kill them. All they have is one another . . . but can they even be sure of that?
1. This apocalyptic and heart stopping story holds a very special place on my bookshelf. If there are any fans out there who love a story full of action, suspense and horrific scenes then stop right here because you've found one! The best way to describe this story is by saying The Walking Dead meets I Am Legend. Without the zombies, sadly.
2. The story follows the point of views from four different characters and each chapter lets you learn about each character individually which I liked. All the characters in the book were fighting to survive on their own, slowly making their way to a desired safe place and eventually crossing each others paths, now stronger than the day before. I really loved how each character went through things that changed them and made them both stronger and wiser.
3. Of course, the action scenes were spectacular! The scenes were heart stopping and kept you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire book. It never once got slow for me with all the murders and killings going on as well as the suspense that followed after every chapter.
4. The story grabs you from the very first page which of course gave me some good signs for the rest of the book. Within the first five pages, there is already a huge explosion scene which I found also very promising, considering it is a darker book than most.
5. Overall, this book is perfect for a scary read and perfect for both boys and girls who love suspense and dark stories. I just loved this book and might even pick it up again in the future!
Age Recommendation: 13+
I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any more book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @Books.Music.Life