The Eye Of Minds by James Dashner
Score: 4 stars
Genre: Sci-fi , Action
Michael is a gamer. Like most gamers, he almost spends more time in the VirtNet than in the actual world. The VirtNet offers total mind and body immersion and it's addictive. And the more hacking skills you have, the more fun. Why bother following the rules when most of them are stupid anyway? But some rules were made for a reason. Some technology is too dangerous to fool with. Recent reports claim that one gamer is going beyond what any gamer has done before: he's holding players hostage inside the VirtNet. The effects are horrific- the hostages have all been declared brain-dead. And the gamer's motives are a mystery. The government knows that to catch a hacker, you need a hacker. And they've been watching Michael. They want him on their team, the risks enormous. If he accepts their challenge, Michael will have to go off the VirtNet grid. There are back allies and corners of the game human eyes have never seen before and predators he can't even fathom. And there's the possibility that the line between game and reality will be blurred forever.
1. This sci-fy action of a story is fast-paced from beginning to end and also keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time. With cool action scenes and awesome game creatures just waiting to suck the life out of you, literally, I really enjoyed this read! Perfect for not only gamers themselves, but also boys and girls who love a story like this one!
2. The book didn't really focus all that much on getting to know the characters but I liked that part a little bit. The story is very fast-paced and didn't really have a lot of time to use up on explaining who the characters are but just gave a simple idea of their personalities. Nonetheless, I loved the characters in this book, even if it was a bit vague on them. They were all pretty smart and strong in their own ways and also very go getting and not at all afraid of a challenge.
3. The story is once again another read unlike any other I've read before. Combining video games and reality together made the story very interesting and also very interactive as you had to visualize the worlds and the on-goings in your head as you read. There is tons of action and plenty of intense scenes that any fan of sci-fy or video games would love!
4. Most importantly I love love loved the plot-twists and of course the ending of the book! I'm not going to spoil anything but the ending and plot-twists in the book definitely left me open-mouthed and wanting to know what happens next! Once again, James Dashner does not disappoint with another amazing action and heart stopping storyline. If you loved The Maze Runner, then you'll love this masterpiece!
1. The only problem I had with the story is that since it is a fast-paced gamer adventure, you do have to stay pretty focused on reading it since the scenes in the book will change in the blink of an eye. I got a bit lost a couple of times while reading but was able to get back on track in a short time.
Age Recommendation: 13+
I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any other book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!