Thursday, September 4, 2014

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Rating: PG
Score: 5 stars
Genre: Fiction

Seventeen year old Cadence spends the summers on her family's private island off the coast of Massachusetts every year with family, cousins and friends, including a special boy named Gat whom she's in love with. Her summer's are always filled with wonderful and unforgettable memories. Except her fifteenth summer. Cadence only remembers being found on the beach late one night, frozen cold with burns on her hands and feet, her clothes missing. She can't remember a single thing that happened that night or anything from that certain summer. All she has is migraines that leave her bed ridden for days and medication that doesn't work. So on her seventeenth summer, two years after her mysterious accident, Cadence takes it into her own hands to find out what happened that summer, and why no one will even speak a word of what happened that night on the beach. Not even her closest friends.

Review:
Pros:
1. The story is very beautifully written and one that leaves you with tears in your eyes and your mind blown. The book is very meaningful as well as full of mystery with romance and family drama mixed in to create an amazing story about truth and mistakes that you think could never be forgiven.

2. The characters were so amazing and lovable. I fell in love with Cadence's character as she struggles to uncover the truth of her fifteenth summer with the 'help' of her friends. I loved all of the family members and of course her friends and love interest. I felt they all had their own secrets and mysterious ways about them that made the story more interesting and kept you guessing from beginning to end.

3. It was very easy to read with very short chapters and smooth wordings. I didn't once get confused or lost in what I was reading which of course I liked. I read very smoothly from start to finish, very impressed with the story.

4. The major thing I loved about this book is the amazing and spectacular ending and major plot twist in the story! I won't give any spoilers but the ending definitely left me with my mouth hanging open and realization taking full control of me as the story wrapped up what really happened to Cadence on her fifteenth summer in Massachusetts. It was a mind-blower and something completely unexpected that left me openmouthed and more surprised than ever.

5. Overall, this book was an amazing read and I will most certainly be picking it up again in the future. Perhaps if it becomes a movie maybe? Are you listening, Hollywood?

Age Recommendation: 13+

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any more book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: @Books.Music.Life

No comments:

Post a Comment