Sunday, September 28, 2014

Paper Towns by John Green

Paper Towns by John Green
Rating: PG-13
Score: 4 stars
Genre: Fiction, Mystery, Coming Of Age

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs into his life - dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues - and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew . . .

Review:
Pros:
1. One of the reasons why I love this book is because it has many elements that really give the story a lot of depth. It has a little bit of romance as well as a ton of mystery and humor throughout the story. I really loved all of them together and just thought it created a very interesting story overall.

2. Once again, I loved the characters. I had my favorites but still loved the side characters as well! I loved how they all grew closer together through everything that was currently happening and how they each had their own personality that grew through the book.

3. I also totally loved all of the laugh out loud moments in this book! I found myself literally laughing out loud and looking like a maniac. The jokes were funny and gave the story a very lighthearted feel even though the story is a bit deep. 

4. I really loved the ending of this book as well. Don't worry! No spoilers here! But the ending might be sad in a sense but I thought of it as more of a hopeful one. It made me smile and taught a very good lesson about life and coming of age in a big world. Definitely an amazing book!

Cons:
1. The only thing I didn't like about the book is that it got a bit slow at times. I know it's rare to find a book the doesn't do that but unfortunately, this book wasn't one of them.

Age Recommendation: 14+ 

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any more book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

FOLLOW ME:
Twitter: @BooksMusicLife1
Instagram: @Books.Music.Life 

No comments:

Post a Comment