Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
Genre: Romance, YA Fiction
Page Count: 352
Stand Alone Novel
Publisher: Speak: The Penguin Group
Published: October, 8, 2008
An ill-timed storm on Christmas Eve buries the residents of Gracetown under multiple feet of snow and causes quite a bit of chaos. One brave soul ventures out into the storm from her stranded train and sets off a chain of events that will change quite a few lives. Over the next three days one girl takes a risky shortcut with an adorable stranger, three friends set out to win a race to the Waffle House (and the hash brown spoils), and the fate of a teacup pig falls into the hands of a lovesick barista. A trio of today's bestselling authors- John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle- brings all the magic of the holidays to life in three hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance and kisses that will steal your breath away.
1. I thought since Christmas is right around the corner, literally tomorrow, I thought I would pick up a holiday read this month. I really loved this holiday read for many reasons but I'll just try to name a few so as not to make this review way too long for you beautiful people!
2. I'm a huge John Green fan and was excited to find this book in which he wrote a short story in but I was also excited to see that Maureen Johnson also had a short story in this book. I love her book 13 Little Blue Envelopes and I was excited to read her story as well. I've never read anything by Lauren Myracle but after reading her story, I fell in love with her writing! All three stories were hilarious and romantic as well as fun and just so darn cute! It was so hard trying to determine my favorite short story because of that! The writing for the stories was just so easy and funny to read, and I'm in love with this book. I'll definitely be reading this again next Winter!
3. The characters were all so cute and loveable. For the authors to have written such heartwarming characters in just 100 pages each, I'd say that's just pretty amazing! It was hard to choose my favorite characters as well because they were all so enjoyable to read about and I loved all of them, from the first page to the last. They were funny, sarcastic, caring and loyal in the funniest yet sweetest ways. I honestly could go on for hours talking about these characters!
4. This book had such a heartwarming and romantic Christmas feel to it that I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves the holiday season regardless of it is indeed the holiday season. If you're late to the holiday reading party, I would still recommend this book for a Winter read. It's perfect for someone who loves a cute, funny and romantic read that has just a little holiday flare to it.
5. One thing I just really, really loved above all was when all the characters interweaved with each other. I just thought that that was a perfect way to connect the stories together. I also really loved how the characters ended up meeting each other as well and thought that was a perfect touch to this amazing book!
Age Recommendation: 12+
I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any other book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter! Oh, and happy holidays!