Friday, February 20, 2015

Top 5 Friday:Trilogies!

So I've been asked a lot on Instagram what my favorite trilogies/series are. I actually have many favorites but there are a few that stand out among the rest! I'll be making a separate post letting you guys know what my favorite series are but for now, here are my favorite trilogies at the moment!

5. Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie
 
I know this isn't the most loved trilogy among readers but I actually really loved this one. Yes, the last book wasn't that amazing and yes, the second tended to get a bit slow but I still really loved seeing the story progress and would honestly pick it up again.
 
4. Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver
 
I really loved this trilogy when I first picked it up. I really loved the world and the characters and I thought the story progressed well with fast-paced scenes and kept things exciting. I plan to reread these books but of course, there's that huge TBR pile in the corner I need to take care of first.
 
3. The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner
 
I originally picked up the first book in this trilogy simply because the movie was coming out and I wanted to see it but in order to do that, I had to read the book first. I ended up loving it and continued on with the books until I read them all and the prequel within just a couple of weeks. I'll also be rereading The Scorch Trials before the movie comes out in September and I'm excited for that!
 
2. Daughter Of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor
I honestly picked up the first book because of how beautiful the cover was. I'd been seeing the book over the years and picked it up again and again but never bought it or borrowed it from the library. I kept slipping it back onto the shelf and later realized it was the worst mistake I ever made. I still haven't read the third book in this trilogy but I'm excited to see where the story goes and what happens next! A five star trilogy for sure!
 
1. Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
I originally picked up the first book because it was also becoming a movie. I read the book back in October 2013 and ended up finishing the series in just five days. I was hooked, needless to say. This was the first trilogy/dystopian book I ever read and since reading it, I've been a sucker for any dystopian read I can get my hands on. I also plan on rereading Insurgent before the movie comes out!
 
BONUS PICK!: Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu
This was another trilogy that had me hooked within just a few pages. I know the first book isn't that well loved but I personally loved every minute of it. I especially loved the last two books, even with all the heartbreak, and couldn't read these books fast enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment