Friday, December 25, 2015

Winter Themed Book Tag!


Hey, bookworms! I just want to wish you all a very happy holiday season! Now that that's out of the way, I was tagged to do the Winter Themed Book Tag created by Marissa over at For Fun Reading List so you guys should check out her blog! Before I can ramble on about how much I love the winter time, let's get the tag started, shall we?

1. Falling Snow: The colors of winter are muted. Choose a book that has whites, light blues, and greys on the cover.


For this one I chose the cover for "The One" by Kierra Cass because it's obviously gorgeous just like the falling snow. I love the cool toned colors it uses and it has a crown on it. Enough said.

2. Crackling Fire: Colder weather makes for the perfect time to sit by a crackling fire in the fireplace. What book is the best to curl up next to a warm fire with?


One thing I love more than a lot of things is having any excuse to reread one of my favorite books. So, personally, I feel like reading "The Bad Beginning" by Lemony Snicket is a good choice for anyone to pick up. Yes, it's a bit darker of a story but it's still such a beloved children's series that you really can't go wrong with it. 

3. Ice Storm: Winter storms can be brutal. What book do you love that takes the characters through a brutal season?


I absolutely love "The Last Time We Say Goodbye" because it follows our main character as she tries to morn the loss of her brother and has to deal with the question running through her head about why he killed himself and what she possibly could've done to stop it from ever happening. This book made me cry like a baby for one hour straight, which says a lot since I NEVER cry in books.

4. Winter Wishes: Spending more time indoors allows more time to dream and wish. What character is living a life that you dream about?


All my life, I've always dreamed about traveling the world and seeing new things so when I read "Anna and The French Kiss", I was in love. I would absolutely love to live the life that Anna has. I mean, attending school in Paris? Meeting awesome friends? Going to the museums? Yes, please!

5. Hot Cocoa: There is nothing like a hot cup of cocoa during the winter, as adults we often underestimate it. What book do you think should be the next big thing?


I really can't stop talking about this book no matter how hard I try. "Hello, I Love You" is one of my favorite contemporaries and I feel like it's so under-hyped. If you love music and want another Anna and the French Kiss, this book should be on your TBR! 

6. Lip Balm & Lotion: Soothing dry skin is part of the winter for many. What book is full of soothing and comforting words?


I really loved "Keeping The Moon" by Sarah Dessen, not only because of the story itself but because this book as well as all of her other novels had an uplifting message about letting your old self go and learning to live in the moment. This book also had the message of finding out who you really are and having friends to help you find out. Such a great read!

7. Peppermint Mocha: What is your go-to winter food or drink for those reading marathons of winter?


Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. It's not like I don't get enough of the stuff already with my three or four cups of it a day, but I'm a sucker for my caramel and french vanilla cappuccinos and I feel like the winter season gives me a really good excuse to stock up on my supply of the flavors as the temperature drops. I especially love to mix them with a packet of hot chocolate and throw in some marshmallows and lots of whip cream. Not very healthy but OMG is it good!

So that's it for this tag! If you want to do this, consider yourself tagged and please leave a link to your post in the comments so I can read them and stalk your blog. Because I love doing that. Anyway, read on, bookworms! See you in the next chapter!






2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun tag! Merry Christmas Anissa ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://mustforgirls.blogspot.com/2019/01/teli-book-tag.html
    Hey!
    I used this tag in one of my posts, here's the link for you! (It's Hungarian, so I don't think you will understand it, but I wanted to let you know that you inspired me to write a post like this. :) )

    ReplyDelete