Sunday, November 27, 2016

Gilmore Girls Book Tag!


Hello, everybody! So, first off, I'm going to be totally honest with all you out there who probably love Gilmore Girls to the moon and back: I'm not that crazy about the show. Don't get me wrong, I was really into it when it first came to Netflix and I was quick to binge watch it like the rest of the world. However, my tastes in movies and shows change more often that I change my clothes and now that the hype has been non-stop for this revival, I've just been kind of ignoring it. Now, at this moment that I'm writing this post, I'm currently watching the second episode and halfway paying attention.

I'M NOT GOOD WITH TV SHOWS. I find one, watch all the episodes, then move on only to never return. It's just how it works for me unless it's Avatar: The Last Airbender or Drake & Josh. Literally only those two. I don't know what's wrong with me, I just don't like many TV shows. Anyhoo, since I'm still kind of into Gilmore Girls and I've had good memories with the show, I thought it only fitting to do this book tag created by Pucksandpaperbacks on YouTube since, well, it's still cool and I'm not late to the party for once. YAY ME!! Now onto the tag!

_________________________________________________________________

1. Lorelai: A character with a witty or sarcastic sense of humor.


Since I'm a sucker for a sarcastic character (HOORAY FOR SARCASM!!!) I have quite a few options here and it's a bit of a challenge to just choose one. But, alas, I have decided to go with the obvious character that we all know and love for the sarcasm this character is capable of: Percy Jackson. Can any character really be more sarcastic than Percy? He gives me a challenge, that's for sure. Can anyone out-sarcast (YES, THAT'S MY NEW WORD FOR THE DAY) Mr. Percy Jackson? No? Well, he hasn't met me. BRING IT.

_________________________________________________________________

2. Rory: Favorite classic.



I'm not that into classic books either only because there are so many in the world that I'm a little overwhelmed by all the options. I have read a few in the past and I do have a couple of favorites that are actually some of the first books I read as a kid and still am a fan of to this day. I use to LOVE the Walt Disney's CINDERELLA illustrated edition. It's old, falling apart at the spine but I still love it and enjoy flipping through it every now and then. 



_________________________________________________________________

3. Luke: A book you secretly love, but are afraid to admit.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate Luke? He's only, like, the most loved character of the show even though he's a bit of a grump. But hey, he's honest, a little too forward with his opinions but you always know he'll speak his mind, right? Anyhoo, I'm usually not at all ashamed to admit I like certain books, especially if they're ones I just really, really loved and don't care what other people might think about me liking such a book. However, there is one book that I never admit to reading, let alone liking, and that book is VAMPIRE ACADEMY.

Before you all come at me with torches and pitchforks, let me explain. Vampire Academy falls under the category of urban fantasy which is a genre I avoid like the plague. I just CAN'T STAND books with vampires or werewolves or anything in that realm because urban fantasy books ALWAYS annoy the heck out of me! It never fails. I'm not even joking. But then Vampire Academy finds me, I read it, end up loving it, and then I shove it into the darkest corners of my brain and deny it ever happened. My brother will not let me live it down to this day. Now that that's out of the way, let's move on.
_________________________________________________________________

4. Lane: A musical character.


I've actually been labeled as the Lane of my friend group which I take as the biggest compliment EVER. My CD collection could probably give Lane a run for her money and I fully believe we are the same person in hindsight. Just saying. Anyhoo, I'm going to go with CRESS for this one. She loves singing, opera, and would probably be on Broadway is she had it her way and if Broadway was actually a thing in the world of The Lunar Chronicles. 




_________________________________________________________________

5. Dean: Your first book love (character or book you first loved).



Choosing between a character and a book is seriously so hard for me. Which one do I go with? The very first character I first loved or the first book I loved? THIS IS TOO MUCH PRESSURE!! I guess I'll go with the very first book I remember falling in love with. My favorite children's book is by far STONE SOUP because I loved the illustrations, the storyline, the quirky characters, everything about it. I must have read it about a thousand times as a kid. Oh, the memories.


_________________________________________________________________

6. Sookie: A book you’ve devoured.

25064648

Sookie is the most adorable character of ever. Sorry, just had to say that. Anyway, there have been plenty of books in the past that I just couldn't put down to save my life. A few actually caused me to go to bed at ungodly hours of the late night or early morning. For this one, I'm just going to go with the most recent one that had me flipping the pages like crazy because I was so excited to see how the story wrapped up. THE READER was by far one of the best books I read this year and I NEED the sequel right now!!



_________________________________________________________________

7. Jess: A book you love, that gets the most hate.

17383918
TEAM JESS FOR LIFE. Ahem. Moving on. I'm not really a stranger when it comes to loving books that I later find out everyone hates or vice versa. I don't like a book that literally everyone and their mothers are crazy about. I'm not ashamed to love books that everyone seems to hate because we're all different and have different tastes in books and it's going to happen whether you like it or not. I honestly really love ALLEGIANT which is the final book in the Divergent series. I don't care what anyone says, IT'S MY BABY. Yes, it tore me into about a bazillion pieces, but I've read it three times and I always enjoy it more and more with every single time I read it. 


_________________________________________________________________

8. Miss Patty: A book that was ruined by the hype.

16096824There's really no easy way to put this so I'll just come right out with it. That would be A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES. I actually bought the book the week it was first released and I never ended up reading it. In fact, I gave it away to one of my friends who's a HUGE Beauty and The Beast fan and when I told her it was a retelling and asked if she wanted my copy, she was more than happy to steal it away from me. She gave it a good home, so don't worry! I was honestly so terrified to read the thing because EVERYONE was going crazy over it, saying how amazing it was, how fantastic, it's the best book ever written, yadda yadda yadda. Basically, I was scared I wouldn't like it at all especially since I'm not attached to Sarah J. Maas's books yet, and I'm not a fan of Beauty and The Beast at all. I gave up on the book as a sacrifice for all the book nerds out there in the world. YOU'RE WELCOME.  
_________________________________________________________________

9. Emily Gilmore: An expensive book.


I usually don't spend more than twenty dollars on a single book unless I'm desperate or something. I love a good bargain so I usually hunt for those deals like there's no tomorrow. However, I have been gifted a few books in the past few years and one of which looks kind of expensive. I bought a copy of a Jane Austen bind-up of four of her novels in a leather bound copy for about three dollars at the library. I don't doubt that someone out there paid at least thirty dollars for the book or more but I was shocked to find a copy on Amazon starting at $1600!!!!! LIKE WHAT?! I don't know if that's a legit offer but still! Yikes. 


_________________________________________________________________

10. Paris: An uptight character.

9460487
Personally, Paris is probably my favorite character from the show. She gives it to you straight and doesn't have time for nonsense. You go, girl. I think uptight characters are the most fun to read about since they're more serious and have the most entertaining reactions to things when they get frazzled or overwhelmed. For me, a favorite uptight character of mine is totally Enoch from MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN. He was just a tad bit uptight and a little snobby but I LOVED him because of that! He's just a little doom and gloom cutie pie! 


_________________________________________________________________

So that's it for the book tag! Let me know if any of my choices were similar to yours and if you want to do this tag, THEN PLEASE DO IT!! And if you're a Gilmore Girls fan, who's your favorite character? See you guys, in the next chapter!

Image result for december gif

No comments:

Post a Comment