Monday, September 14, 2015

Music Matching Monday: An Ember In The Ashes


Review: An Ember In The Ashes

So this book is obviously high fantasy and pretty intense for a YA fantasy and I really wanted to choose the perfect song to pair this one with. In case you guys don't know what it's about, this book is about a young girl who goes undercover with the help of a secret organization to work as a slave in order to save her family from being held hostage in the Martial Empire by it's rulers and there meets one of the Empire's finest soldiers who's also secretly the most unwilling. This book presents just how dangerous and scary standing up for what you truly believe in can be and the characters in this book face death with every single whisper and move they make. In order to stop the Empire from destroying both them and their world, these characters will do whatever they have to in order to stop it. The lyrics in the song I chose for this book really go so well with the story! I love how the first verse really reminds me of how Laia would imagine taking down the corrupt government. I love how full and powerful the music is so I hope this song becomes your anthem for this book like it has for me. Enjoy! 


WARRIORS by Imagine Dragons

No comments:

Post a Comment