Monday, September 7, 2015

Music Matching Monday: The Vanishing Season


Review: The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson

For this book, the mood for the entire story was really icy, cold and almost grey. That's the best I can describe it so bear with me here! This book is about a girl named Maggie who moves to a small town where a string of murders starts happening and her and her friends have to kind of deal with the fact that it's no longer safe in their little home town. I really loved how this book had a ghostly-tone for the narration and thought it was the perfect touch for this book. I described this book as Paper Valentine by Brenda Yavonoff meets The Lovely Bones because of the whole murder thing and one of the POV's in the book being told from a "Ghost" that isn't named and following her story as well as Maggie's. It's a perfect read for the winter and I think this book was a beautiful story about learning to love again while also being haunted by the past. I hope you guys enjoy this week's pairing and if you've read the book, then you'll probably appreciate the song a little more ;)

THAT GHOST by Megan & Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment