Friday, July 15, 2016

Fantasy Favorites Read-a-thon: Favorite Things About Percy Jackson


Hello, everybody! As part of the read-a-thon, today's post is going to be all about Percy Jackson, my favorite things about the book that is. I hope to read the rest of the series in the near future just because I really enjoyed the first book more than I was hoping to. So, without further ado, let's get this party started!

The Sass Is Real!
The sass in this book from all the characters was just too entertaining and just made the book that much more fun to read. I found myself laughing out loud a few times while reading just from the reactions and responses from the characters, the inability to not say something sarcastic or witty. This book and series is seriously sass goals and I love that! 



The Humor!
Along with the amount of sass the characters had, they also had some very funny conversations that probably seem inappropriate for the situation they're in but given that they're just kids winging it as they go along with their adventure, random things catch them off guard and result in some very funny lines. I love funny books and this one totally makes the list of top ten favorites. 




The Chapter Titles!
It's been so long since I've read a book that had fun or even clever chapter titles or even had chapter titles other than 'Chapter 1'. Why no one seems to do chapter titles anymore is beyond me since they can be so much fun to read too. The chapter titles from Percy Jackson were so weird and even a bit strange which made them that much more entertaining to read since you're not entirely sure what each one means until you've read the chapter. They're such a fun way to introduce the next chapter and give you a laugh to start reading on a good note.




Crazy Random Fun!This is pretty much a cop out since I can't think of another thing that was my favorite for Percy Jackson BUT I will say it again, I just had so much fun reading this book. Even though it got a little slow for me personally at times, there were still some awesome fight scenes, lots of adventure, interesting characters, and villains, not to mention a lot of Coke that made me really want a drink of the stuff. The storyline was just great, the mythology was interesting, and it just poked fun at every myth that was mentioned along the way. I was very satisfied with my first reading experience with this book and I'm looking forward to reading Sea Of Monsters.

So those are my favorite things about Percy Jackson! I'm still a newbie to the whole Percy Jackson game but I'm slowly catching up! Read on, bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the quotes you used to support your reasoning because it's been a while since I read the books and I forgot some of these. That are just pure genius <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the humor and the quotes were so much fun! My favorite is and probably always will be the one about the plumbing. I still giggle when I think about it!

      Delete